When playing online Craps it is important to remember that the only thing you can actively control yourself is the amount of money that you are betting on various throws and how you can spread your bets to improve your chances to winning. To maximize your chances of winning at online Craps, check out some of the betting tips listed below.
Bets to avoid
Avoid the following bets:
- Any Craps bet – these bets are placed on the hope that the next roll will be a crap number (2, 3, or 12). The payout for this type of bet is 7:1 but the house advantage is more than 11%
- Any Seven bet – placed in the hope of the shooter scoring a seven on the next throw. Bet only pays out 4:1 and the house edge is more than 16%.
- Any Eleven or Three bet – pays out at 15:1 but the house edge is 11%.
- Horn bets – this is a where you place four individual bets on the number 2, 3 11 and 12. The house edge for this type of bet is more than 12%.
- C and E bets – these are a combination of bets where you are betting on the Crap numbers (2, 3, or 12) and the eleven. The house advantage for such a bid is really high so your chances of winning are really low in comparison. mega888
Any bet that increases the house advantage is going to negatively impact your chances of winning so you need to pay close attention to the odds you can get if you win compared to the possibility that the house will win. Comparing these factors gives you a “risk/benefit” analysis if you like, of how likely it is you will win in any given throw situation.
Free Odds bets
One little known betting tip that many online casinos don’t advertise is the use of Free Odds bets. Free Odds bets are those where the house has virtually no advantage over the shooter or the person placing the bet, so they can prove to be the most profitable form of bet to make. You can place Free Odds bets after your first Pass Line bet has been placed and after the point has been made. You place your Free Odds bet just behind the pass line, something you will need to remember because this space is not clearly marked on many online Craps game boards.
To maximise your potential profit from this type of betting, stick to the numbers four and ten as the odds against you with those two numbers are 2:1 so your payoff is slightly higher than say if you bet on numbers five and nine which have odds of 3:2 and an equally smaller payoff.
Variations on odds betting
There are variations on Odds betting such as Double Odds and Three Unit bets. Once again your chance of winning with these Odds bets is increased because the house advantage for them is virtually nil.
Like any other gambling tips, these online Craps tips should be used in combination with your own experience of the game at hand. For more information on playing online Craps and other games of chance visit our website below for information, tools and useful resources for your online gambling pleasure.